China Orthopedic Instrument Industry Report, 2013-2015
Benefiting from aging of population, consumption upgrade and policy support, China's orthopedic instrument industry has seen rapid development over the years, with total market size rising from 3.28 billion yuan in 2006 to 9.85 billion yuan in 2012.
Trauma products, spine products and joint products constitute the three major market segments of Chinese orthopedic instrument industry. In 2012, the three principal products accounted for an aggregate market share of about 82.2%, of which, trauma products showed the highest, approximately 35.5%, with market size up 18.24% YoY; spine and joint products ranked second (up 12.6% YoY) and third (up 12.4% YoY), respectively.
In recent years, along with the increasing investment of foreign-funded enterprises in China, the trend of foreign monopoly has been more evident. After the acquisition of Synthes in 2012, Johnson & Johnson has turned into the largest company in China's orthopedic instrument market, with market share of both trauma and spine products occupying the first place.
In November 2012, Medtronic purchased KangHui Medical for $816 million, thus making an important step in Chinese orthopedic instrument market localization. Compared with Medtronic's high-end positioning, affordable KangHui products can help Medtronic expand low- and medium-end markets in emerging countries and regions (including China). In 2012, Medtronic (including KangHui Medical) occupied 15.9% of China's spine market.
Stryker is a world-renowned orthopedic instrument enterprise, and its joint products account for about 20% of global market share. In January 2013, Stryker acquired Trauson Holdings for $764 million, and in virtue of the latter’s R&D and manufacturing capacity and distribution network advantages further expanded its market share in China, expected to occupy 8%-10% of China's orthopedic market in 2013.
Relying on powerful R&D strength and mature distribution network, Weigao has already become the largest local supplier of orthopedic devices in China. In 2012, its orthopedic device business achieved revenue of 223 million yuan, and trauma equipment products occupied market share of 5.1% or so.
In future, the Chinese orthopedic instrument market will encounter more fierce competition, in which small companies due to low R&D level, insufficient production capacity and non-standard quality control tend to be gradually eliminated, and the market will be further concentrated in industry magnates with superb financial and technical strength.
China Orthopedic Instrument Industry Report, 2013-2015 of ResearchInChina mainly covers the followings:
- Overview, market structure and development prospect, etc. of global orthopedic instrument industry;
- Market structure, competition pattern, barriers to entry, import & export, etc. of China orthopedic instrument industry;
- Development environment (including policy environment, development prospects as well as development of upstream and downstream industries) for China orthopedic instrument industry;
- Operating conditions, etc. of 12 orthopedic instrument companies (including Johnson & Johnson, Medtronic, Stryker, Weigao, Shanghai Kinetic, Beijing AKEC Medical, United Orthopedic Corporation, etc.) in China.
China Orthopedic Instrument Industry Report, 2013-2015
Related reports :
- China Independent Clinical Laboratory Industry Report,2013-2015
Restricted by the health care system and the medical inspection level (Chinese firms mainly lag behind foreign counterparts in molecular diagnostics and other special tests), Chinese independent clinical laboratory market only values RMB2.5-3 bill...
- Research Report on China Human Rabies Vaccine Industry, 2013-2017
In recent years, with increasing number of pets and the lack of strict pet management, the incidence trend of rabies in China is not optimistic. According to the survey data provided by Chinese Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the...
- Research Report on China Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) Vaccine Market, 2013-2017
Measles, mumps and rubella are major infectious diseases that threaten the health of children. Measles is a kind of acute respiratory infectious disease caused by measles virus with rashes covering the whole body. Mumps is a kind of respiratory in...
- Research Report on China's Haemophilus Influenza B (HIB) Vaccine Industry, 2013-2017
Haemophilus influenza type B is a kind of haemophilus influenza with extremely strong invasiveness. Among all the serious infections caused by haemophilus influenzas, almost 90% were caused by haemophilus influenza type B. According to the...
- China Heparin Industry Report, 2013-2015
Since the small intestines of pigs (raw materials for production of heparin) in China are abundant (the pig slaughtering volume in China approximates 50% of globe’s total) and heparin APIs are gradually recognized internationally, China has ...
- Research Report on China Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome (PRRS) Vaccine Industry, 2013-2017
In China, PRRS is the most serious disease that impairs the pig raising & breeding industry. It inflicted heavy losses on China pig raising & breeding industry for many times. In April 2007, Ministry of Agriculture of China issued ...
- China Diagnostic Reagent Industry Report, 2013-2015
Driven by huge population base, intensified aging and many favorable policies, China diagnostic reagent industry has been developing rapidly. In 2008-2012, the diagnostic reagent market size presented the CAGR of over 15%, hitting RMB13.3 billion ...
- Research Report on China Foot and Mouth Disease (FMD) Vaccine Industry, 2013-2017
Foot-and-mouth disease is prevalent in many countries. Since 1980s, animal husbandry has been developing rapidly in China. Because the breeding methods of Chinese farmers are rather laggard, the prevention and control system of animal epidemic dis...
- Research Report on China Avian Influenza Vaccine Industry, 2013-2017
In the current stage, many countries choose to cull all infected poultry to control avian influenza, instead of immunizations. The total volume of the poultry in China is over 10 billion, but more than 90% raisers only have less than 2,000 broiler...
- Research Report on China Swine Fever Vaccine Industry, 2013-2017
Swine fever is an acute, hyperpyretic and contagious disease, caused by swine fever viruses. Its incidence rate and death rate are both extremely high, and viruses can be transmitted at high speed. Immunization is the major measure to prevent swin...