China Automotive Transmission Industry Report, 2013-2016
After experiencing the slow growth in 2011 and 2012, the Chinese automobile market achieved accelerated growth in 2013, followed by an increase in transmission market size, which exceeded 21 million units in the same year, showing a year-on-year growth rate of over 10%. It is expected that in the upcoming three years, the transmission market size will witness a decelerated growth rate of less than 10%, and it will be roughly 28 million units in 2016.
In the manual transmission sector, domestic manufacturers occupy an important place. Chongqing Tsingshan Industrial, Shaanxi Fast Auto Drive Group Company, Zhejiang Wanliyang Transmission Co., Ltd., etc. boast relatively large market share, with annual production capacity of 1 million units to 2 million units.
Foreign companies play the leading role in the field of automatic transmission. The world’s major transmission companies such as Aisin JATCO, GETRAG, ZF Friedrichshafen AG, BorgWarner have realized local production through the establishment of production bases in China, while maintaining a stable supply relationship with OEMs. Automatic transmissions produced by Chinese manufacturers are primarily for internal use, for instance, Geely’s continuously variable transmission (CVT) and automated manual transmission (AMT) as well as Chery Automobile’s CVT are provided to support the Group’s car models.
China Automotive Transmission Industry Report, 2013-2016 by ResearchInChina involves the followings:
- China’s transmission market size, imports & exports, and market size prediction for 2014-2016;
- China’s automatic transmission developments and forecasts, including major companies, research and development, R&D of four main types of automatic transmission, etc.;
- China’s passenger car transmission market size and forecast, as well as major automatic transmission manufacturers, capacity, supporting relationship, etc.;
- China’s commercial vehicle transmission market size and forecast, as well as capacity, market pattern, etc.;
- Development of China’s local transmission enterprises and joint ventures, containing product type, product sales, capacity, etc.;
- The world’s manufacturers of four main types of automatic transmission as well as their supporting relations.