China Car Electric Window Regulator Industry Report, 2014-2017
With the maturity and development of technologies as well as users’ higher requirements on comfort, the installation rate of Chinese car electric window regulators has been gradually rising. In 2013, the installation rate exceeded 88% and the demand outnumbered 75 million pieces, up 19% year on year. In the next few years, Chinese car electric window regulator market will present a CAGR of over 10%; in 2017, the market size is expected to exceed 110 million pieces, with the installation rate up to 95%.
Globally, car electric window regulators include three types: cable, flexible axle and cross-arm. Cable and cross-arm ones dominate the Chinese market, with the combined market share of over 95% in 2013. In China, cable ones are mainly used in sedans, while cross-arm ones are suitable for sedans and commercial vehicles. Flexible axle ones can be applied to various models of vehicle, but they only find application in a tiny minority of cars since China's flexible axle and flexible axle motor technologies still desire to be much improved; nevertheless, the flexible axle window regulator is expected to be the future development direction.
As China's largest local car electric window regulator manufacturer, Shanghai SIIC Transportation Electric Co., Ltd. seized 10% market share in 2013, slightly lower than 2012. Founded by HUAYU Automotive Systems Co., Ltd. (70% stake) and SIIC (30% stake) jointly, the company mainly produces cable and cross-arm car electric window regulators and serves Shanghai Volkswagen, Shanghai GM, etc..
Foreign manufacturers Brose, Hi-Lex, Mitsuba, F. Tech and Magna Closures have established production bases in China, in which Brose is the first one that entered the Chinese market in 1995 to produce cable and cross-arm car electric window regulators, power window motors and anti-pinch electronic modules. As of June 2014, Brose had established a headquarters, three R & D / sales centers, five wholly owned factories and four joint-stock plants, with a total headcount of 3,300 in China
The report mainly includes:
- Installation rate and development trend of car electric window regulators in China;
- Demand and development trend of car electric window regulators in China;
- Import and export of car electric window regulators in China;
- Supporting and Market Size of cable, flexible axle and cross-arm car electric window regulators in China;
- Sales channels and gross margin by channel of car electric window regulators in China;
- Operation, window regulator output and sales volume, market share and supply of domestic and foreign car electric window regulator manufacturers in China.