China Automotive Door Panel Industry Report, 2014-2017
China’s automotive door panel market volume stems from new vehicles and aftermarket. In 2013, the Chinese market capacity of automotive door panel increased by 15.3% year on year to 88.1 million pieces. During 2014-2017, the furthe rise in both China's automobile output and ownership will enable the Chinese market volume of automotive door panel to grow at a rate of at least 9%.
In 2013, the leading Chinese door panel companies consist of Yanfeng Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd. (a wholly owned subsidiary of HUAYU Automotive Systems Co., Ltd.), Dongfeng Electronic Technology, Changshu Automotive Trim, Guangxi Liuzhou Yu Ming Auto Parts, Ningbo Mecai Automobile Inner Decoration Co. Ltd, Shanghai Brose, Guangzhou TSK Auto Parts Co., Ltd., etc.
At the end of 2013, HUAYU Automotive Systems Co., Ltd. acquired 50% equities of Yanfeng Visteon Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd. and then renamed it Yanfeng Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd.. Covering automotive interior, exterior, seats, electronics and safety systems, Yanfeng Automotive Trim Systems achieved the revenue of RMB49.871 billion in 2013, up 25.4% year on year.
In 2013, Dongfeng Electronic Technology gained the revenue of RMB3.083 billion, up 25.9% year on year; its net income jumped by 52.0% year on year to RMB230 million. The company’s subsidiaries Dongfeng Visteon Trim Systems Company and Dongfeng Visteon (Shiyan) undertake the production of automotive door panels.
Established in 1992, Changshu Automotive Trim Co., Ltd. mainly produces door guard plate assembly, Instrument Panel /sub-Instrument Panel assembly and other interiors. In 2013, the company's revenue grew 3.7% year on year to RMB852 million, of which RMB393 million or 46.1% came from automotive door panels. It serves Shanghai GM, FAW Volkswagen, Chery, Beijing Benz and Dongfeng Peugeot Citroen Automobile as the first-grade supplier; it cooperates with Changchun Intier Automotive Interiors, Changchun Peguform Automotive Plastics Technology, Webasto Roof Systems and Yanfeng Automotive Trim Systems as the second-grade supplier.
The report covers the following:
- Overview of China automotive interior industry (including raw materials, business models, regional distribution of enterprises, authorities, relevant policies and development trends);
- Operation of China automobile industry (including revenue and profit; output and sales volume of automobiles, passenger cars and commercial vehicle; output and sales volume of main companies);
- Chinese automotive door panel market (including overview, market capacity, supply for vehicle companies and competition pattern);
- Major global automotive door panel manufacturers (including equity structure, revenue, revenue structure, net income, investment, R & D, supply, developments, business in China);
- Major Chinese automotive door panel manufacturers (equity structure, revenue, revenue structure, net income, R & D, supply, new projects)