China Automotive Instrument Panel Industry Report, 2014-2017
As an exceedingly important functional part of automotive interiors, instrument panel not only requires being installed with such devices to display information about a vehicle as meter, display screen, acoustic system, air-conditioning system, but needs to be equipped with defrost system, air outlet, glovebox, cup holder, ashtray, airbag, etc.
Driven by the substantial rise in China’s automobile output, the Chinese instrument panel market volume climbed 14.7% YoY to 23.32 million units in 2013, with the growth rate up 9.3 percentage points from 2013. The market demand for instrument panel is closely linked with automobile output. In the future, as the growth rate of China’s automobile production slows down, the growth rate of instrument panel output will drop as well.
The top players by instrument panel market share in China consist of Huayu Automotive Systems Co., Ltd., Dongfeng Electronic Technology Co., Ltd., Hainan Drinda Automotive Trim Co., Ltd., Zhejiang Yuanchi Holdings Group, Guangzhou TSK Auto Parts Co., Ltd., Shandong Xuri Auto Decoration Group, Changshu Automotive Trim Co., Ltd., etc.
Among them, Huayu Automotive Systems sold 4.32 million units of instrument panel in 2013, rising by 23.4% year on year. The Huayu Automotive System Co., Ltd’s subsidiary involved in the production of instrument panel mainly refers to Yanfeng Automotive Trim System Co., Ltd and its filiales. In 2013, the revenue of Yanfeng Automotive Trim System reported RMB49.871 billion, up 25.4% from a year earlier. In May, 2014, Yanfeng Automotive Trim System joined hands with Johnson Controls to co-fund an automotive interiors company which mainly produces instrument panel, auxiliary fascia console, door panel, cockpit module, console module and so forth.
Dongfeng Electronic Technology Co., Ltd achieved the revenue of RMB3.083 billion in 2013, a 25.9% YoY rise, and its net income registered RMB230 million, a surge of 52.0% from a year earlier. Dongfeng Visteon Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd and Dongfeng Visteon (Shiyan) Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd are the subordinate companies of Dongfeng Electronic Technology and they undertake the production of door panel, with major customers including Dongfeng Peugeot Citroen Automobile Co., Ltd. (DPCA), Dongfeng Nissan Passenger Vehicle Co., Ltd., Dongfeng Nissan Commercial Vehicle, Dongfeng Honda Automobile Co., Ltd., and otherwise.
In 2013, the revenue of Hainan Drinda Automotive Trim Co., Ltd increased by 21.1% year on year and amounted to RMB722 million, including RMB384 million from instrument panels, up 29.5% from a year before and accounting for 53.4% of company’s operating revenue. Also in 2013, company’s instrument panel sales volume was up to 812,400 units which were primarily supplied to Haima Automobile Group Co., Ltd., Lifan Motors, Dongfeng Nissan, Zhengzhou Nissan, Dongfeng Liuzhou Motor, Changan Mazda Automobile, Shanxi Dayun Automobile Manufacturing, Sany Heavy Industry, Changfeng Leopaard, Hawtai Motor, etc.
China Automotive Instrument Panel Industry Report, 2014-2017 by ResearchInChina chiefly covers the followings:
- Overview of China automotive interior industry (involving the materials of interiors, industrial business model, regional distribution of manufacturers, competent authority, related policies and development tendency, etc.)
- Operation of China Automobile Industry (including industry revenue, trend of profit variation, production and sales volume of assembled-vehicle, passenger car, commercial vehicle, output and sales volume of leading enterprises, etc.)
- China instrument panel market (including overview, market capacity, supply for vehicle companies, competition pattern, etc.)
- World’s leading instrument panel manufacturers (including equity structure of companies concerned and their subsidiaries, revenue, revenue structure, net income, investment, R&D, supply for vehicle companies, recent developments, subsidiaries in China, etc.)
- Leading Chinese instrument panel manufacturers (including equity structure of companies concerned and their subsidiaries, revenue, revenue structure, net income, R&D, supply for vehicle companies, latest projects, etc.)